Past Tenses (4)
4.I wonder what......... happened while I was away.
Weather Test (91)
1.A water-filled, white vapor that makes it's difficult to see because of a cloud mist that forms close to the ground is called ......... .
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (153)
3.As his big brother, you owe it to him to keep him ......... your protection during his first year of high school.
Islamic Finance (9)
9. It has been over two decades since Islamic banks first appeared as active players in the global financial market, and today Islamic banking and finance has become a force to be reckoned ..........
Prepositional Phrases – On, In, Under and Out (49)
9.Please keep me ......... mind when you need to hire someone again. I would really like to work for you.
Real Life: Criminal Justice System (310)
10.The judge didn't interpret the law correctly and mistakenly sided with the defense. My attorney says I have a good shot at an......... . I am going to file for one because I want to take my case to a higher court for further review.
What the Devil (10)
10.It took me ages to set up my computer because I spent the devil of a ......... trying to understand the notes.
Up in the Clouds (1)
1.Have you noticed how much more the price of petrol is today? It's really sky......... now.
Business Systems Contingency Policy (1)
1. All departments should develop and maintain procedures that will ensure an appropriate level of customer service in the ......... of unexpected business systems failure.
Operations Management (2)
2. The phrase "management control" itself can have a negative connotation, e.g. it can sound dominating, coercive and .........-handed.
Workforce Planning Methodology (4)
4. The practical application of these methods is found primarily in the DHPSA and National Health Service Corps (NHSC) programs, the primary governmental efforts to ......... in oral health personnel planning.
Database Management Systems (10)
10. When comparing database management systems it is obvious that some are designed in the expectation that professional DP staff will be available to run them, while others are aimed at the total ..........
3. ......... on the stockmarket just before Christmas is usually very slow.
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (1310)
10.Sorry, Sir, you can't go in there yet. That part of the store is still......... construction.
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (254)
4.I just received my first job in accounting after five long years of study. I am......... the top of the world right now!
Planning a Business (1)
1. It is essential before starting a business to work on a plan to ......... problems later on.
Verbal Test (2)
1.In some 19th century novels you see the very poor conditions people lived in that can only be described as ......... misery.
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (227)
7.My husband was having some problems at work so the director decided to take him ......... his wing and teach him everything he knows. Now, things are going a lot better.
The Parliamentary Candidate (14)
4.......... the election campaign Henry's wife and his two teenage daughters worked night and day for him
Employee Performance Appraisal (9)
9. At the other ........., there are many strong advocates of performance appraisal; some view it as potentially "the most crucial aspect of organizational life" (Lawrie, 1990).
The New York Hospitality Industry (5)
5. Even after several years of ......... growth, real estate experts say the market is improving so far in 2007.
At the Doctors (10)
10.Before they could start any kind of treatment, they had to write to the previous hospital in order to obtain her......... .
5. ......... interest is calculated on the original principal only; accumulated interest from prior periods is not used in calculations for the following periods, and this type of interest calculation is normally used for a single period of less than a year, such as 30 or 60 days.
4. At the moment we are experiencing some cash ......... problems because little money is coming in.
How to criticize (10)
10. I'm sick and ......... of always having to put right your mistakes.
Synonyms for kill and murder (5)
5. The Mafia often kidnaps children of the rich, demands money for their safe return, and then ......... them anyway.
Real Life: Scams and Fraud (13)
3.A ......... scheme is an illegal, money-making investment plan where former investors are paid either in part or in full by latter investors who are convinced to join the scheme. In the end, latter investors lose out if they can't find new investors to scam.
Business Expressions (16)
6. Despite all the alterations that are taking place in the department store, the management wanted to explain it was business as ..........
2. A 'limited partner', who is prohibited from taking part in management and has no liability for debts beyond his/her investment, is a true ......... partner; however, without a limited partnership agreement, s/he is responsible for the debts of the partnership as a general partner.
English Slang Idioms (10210)
10."Jim, it's Matt. You have to help me. Marcie thinks that I helped signal the mugger. I am in dir......... here. You have to tell her that it wasn't me. I can't lose my job and go to jail!"
Real Life: Personalities (33)
3.My new neighbor is very nice but she is very ......... . She has nothing to do all day and she thinks that I should spend all of my free time with her. She just comes over, unannounced, and then expects me to drop everything in order to spend time with her.
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (236)
6.I can definitely see your point, Tom. ......... the other hand, I think Sam's argument about the product harming the environment is the one are company has to focus on right now.
Prepositional Phrases – On, In, Under and Out (87)
7.I really felt ......... of place at that nightclub the other night. I haven't been to a place like that in years and I wasn't really comfortable at all.
Comptroller General (9)
9. We examine the impact of instalment receipts trading on the underlying stocks' volatility; IRs are a ......... security that evidences the purchase of an underlying security on an instalment basis, and they have been used to facilitate large secondary stock offerings in Canada.
Real Life: Business Jargon (32)
2.I hope you don't lose your job. It is happening everywhere, though, because of the recession. My sister just lost her job because the company she works for just went through the process of......... .
Real Life: The Internet and Websites (37)
7.What is the fastest Internet connection one can get around here? Is it DSL, wireless, o......... internet?
Letter of Complaint (31)
1. We now move on to late March when I imagine that the sick employees were fully .........
Real Life: Telecommunications (29)
9.I am glad the tow-truck has a ......... -free number available; otherwise, we'd be in trouble. I have no change and no phone card.
Portfolio-focused Management (2)
2. Improving efficiency and effectiveness in those areas is one of the key benefits of a systematic approach to portfolio management and explains why, in R&D-heavy industries, portfolio management is considered a critical management function in its own ..........
Advanced Vocabulary (2)
2.If you invest that money, you will find it will grow and ......... interest.
The Parliamentary Candidate (37)
7.At lunch time he went to his sister's house to see his wife and daughters. They had spent the morning addressing envelopes for the leaflets he was sending out. His sister, Vera, thoroughly ......... of his involvement in politics.
Ways of approving (6)
6. The local council has approved the plans for ......... their house.
Animal Idioms (6)
6. I really don't know how to explain it as I am completely foxed.
Retirement Plans (8)
8. Gas prices are at an all-time ..........
Increasing Vocabulary (9)
9.No one had a clue what had actually happened neither the police ......... the public.
Interviews and Jobs (1)
1.Before you start applying for any job, you must be absolutely sure you have the right paper ......... .
8.He sees financial gain everywhere and never misses an opportunity to make a fast ......... .
How to criticize (8)
8. In all honesty if I said that everything was all right, I'd simply be ..........
Payment Programs (3)
3. While each lending situation is unique, many banks utilize some variation of evaluating the five C's when making loan decisions: character, capacity, capital, ......... and collateral.
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (123)
3.I am sorry I questioned you so much about your request. You have to admit, though, it is a little ......... of the ordinary for you to go to the theater to watch a play.
Corporate Culture (29)
9.A group of people who have supervisory, managerial or advisory authority in a business meeting are often referred to as the......... of directors.
8.He's always been fascinated by the theatre and has spent many years doing odd jobs as a stage ......... .
Synonyms for move (3)
3. Every day after work Brian and Joan ......... together back home.
Corporate Credit Cards (3)
3. T&E expenses comprise the second largest controllable expense item for companies after salaries, consuming approximately 50 to 80 basis ......... of a company's revenues.
Real Life: Real Estate (28)
8.Our school just completed the new psychology building. It is a LEEDS certified ......... building with a lot of natural light and passive cooling systems. It should save the school a lot of money on power and cooling bills as well as help the environment by using less energy.
Cutting Your Losses (6)
6. The SEC Full ......... Program ensures investors are provided material information to make informed decisions about a company — both when it initially offers stock to the public and on a regular basis as it continues to report information about its business operations.
Basic Business English (1)
1. The water in the refrigerator should be ..........
How to disagree (6)
6. I really see no point in continuing this argument because we have no ......... ground.
At the End of the Day (16)
6.The sandman is coming is what we say to ......... children
6. Always write a short ......... to explain what the fax is for and who it should go to.
Cơ quan chủ quản : CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN TRUYỀN THÔNG TNV VIỆT NAM
Địa chỉ : Số 26 ngõ 102 - Khuất Duy Tiến - Thanh Xuân - Hà Nội - Văn phòng đại diện : Số 9 - Đào Duy Anh - Đống Đa - Hà Nội
Tại Tp HCM : 79/3 Trần Xuân Soạn, P.Tân Thuận Tây, Quận 7, Tp.Hồ Chí Minh - Hotline : 0946 581 152 - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org