Test 048 (7)
7.Tattooing is one of the oldest forms of creative expression, dating it back to at leas t 8000 B.C
Lesson 580 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (7)
7) n. posting
freedom from danger; quality of not causing injury or loss; lock that prevents accidental firi his own enng of a gun; any security device
devotion to a certain habit; dependency
spoken or written words with which people communicate thoughts and feelings; specialized vocabulary; manner in which a person writes or speaks
message sent to a newsgroup or mailing list (Internet)
Job Applications (1)
1. The application form is used by companies as a means of ......... basic information from all applicants.
Past Tenses (4)
4.I wonder what......... happened while I was away.
Phrasal Verbs (D to F4)
4.Cathy......... her mother's house for a visit this past week.
Test 067 (5)
5.Small distinctions among stamps, unimportant to the person average , would mean a great deal to the stamp collector.
Enough & Too (1)
Q1 - It was _____ so we didn't get it.
Conversations and Comprehension (31)
1.Man: I don't feel well tonight. I have an upset stomach. Woman: Maybe it was the food at the restaurant. It didn't taste right. Narrator: What does the man mean?.........
He believes that his stomach is angry.
He has a stomach ache.
He is still hungry.
Common English Errors (16)
6.I'm worried about her because she ......... more pills than usual.
Test 014 (4)
4.In 1893, the Hudson's Bay Company ___ a new store at the corner of Georgia and Granville.
had been opening
Weather Test (91)
1.A water-filled, white vapor that makes it's difficult to see because of a cloud mist that forms close to the ground is called ......... .
Confusing Words test (153)
3.Karen bought beautiful shoes for the wedding, but they didn't fit right so she got blisters on the ......... of both her feet.
Do you mind? (10)
10.I tried to show an interest in her future career but she simply told me to mind my own......... .
Lesson 176 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (1)
1) v. legitimate
to support; to provide for; to finance; to support from below; to nourish; to assist; to encourage; to comfort; to endure; to withstand; to prolong; to maintain; to preserve; to experience; to undergo; to uphold; to affirm; to confirm
to look over; to observe; to examine carefully; to study; to measure and record the characteristics of a plot of land; to map
to oppose; to retaliate; to react; to strike back
to make valid; to make lawful; to justify; to make permissible
English Slang Idioms (973)
3."Showing yet another case of honor among ......... ', it has now been proven that the Mafia kingpin arrested two years ago was innocent and was covering up for a best friend," the television blared in the bar.
Test 004 (2)
2.One of you ___ to go first.
Test 008 (3)
3.Interviewer: You mean you like the idea of an office with ......... .
Lesson 517 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (9)
9) v. to incorporate; to take in; to absorb
Lesson 513 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (2)
2) v. to control; to arrange; to put in order
Test 014 (6)
6.Do you know when _____?
was the accident happening
the accident was happening
did the accident happen
the accident happened
Lesson 408 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (2)
2) v. garner
to cover a part of; to have something in common
eject; drive out; banish
to impregnate; to inseminate; to enrich the soil by the addition of organic or chemical substances
to collect; to gather; to accumulate; to store; to place in reserve
Test 064 (7)
7.The number 8.5 is an example of a “mixed number” because it is composing of an integer and a fraction.
Prepositional Phrases – In, On, Out and Under (153)
3.As his big brother, you owe it to him to keep him ......... your protection during his first year of high school.
Why Questions (4)
4.......... was the first man in space?
Test 015 (8)
8.I'm walking right up to the crowd now to see ......... .
Weather Test (46)
6.In North America, summer is the season of ......... days and hot temperatures.
Islamic Finance (9)
9. It has been over two decades since Islamic banks first appeared as active players in the global financial market, and today Islamic banking and finance has become a force to be reckoned ..........
Snow Words (17)
7.Make sure that you wear protective eyewear when you go skiing or you might experience snow ......... ness. That happens when your eyes are exposed to the sun's rays that are reflected off of the snow.
Test 065 (4)
4.Any group that conducting its meeting using parliamentary rules will encounter situations where prescribed procedures cannot be applied.
Phrasal idioms with the verb ‘go’ (7)
7.Two out of every five companies struck by disaster......... of business.
Lesson 553 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (9)
9) n. act of repairing; renewal; act of restoring to good condition
Test 003 (3)
3.His job was so tiring that he felt absolutely ___ .
Test 013 (5)
5.It is always more relaxing to eat in a restaurant where the faces of the staff are......... and you know everyone by name.
Test 012 (7)
7.n. to determine the quality of a substance.
Lesson 136 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (6)
6) adj. ambitious
select; fine; excellent
aspiring; desirous of success; requiring great effort
pertaining to accommodations; domesticated
Speaking: Political Party (1)
1.Fellow citizens I am honoured to be ......... to speak to you tonight about my party.
Test 016 (6)
6.adv. almost certainly; very likely; apparently; in all likelihood
Test 015 (1)
1.adv. against; in contrast to
Question Tags (22)
2.Sarah: 'You're being very rude!'
Paul: '......... '
Oh I have, have I?
I am, you think?
Oh I am, am I?
Oh it is, is it?
Business buzzwords: Last increment bidding (10)
10. RBC Dominion Securities is accused of ......... trading in shares of the firm's parent, Royal Bank of Canada; four of its traders are accused of buying and selling $33 million worth of shares at the same time — improperly taking both sides of the trades — to cut risks they faced because of a series of trading errors and misunderstandings.
Test 014 (6)
next to; alongside
against; in contrast to
exactly; accurately; definitely; certainly; surely
Prepositional Phrases – On, In, Under and Out (49)
9.Please keep me ......... mind when you need to hire someone again. I would really like to work for you.
Real Life: Criminal Justice System (310)
10.The judge didn't interpret the law correctly and mistakenly sided with the defense. My attorney says I have a good shot at an......... . I am going to file for one because I want to take my case to a higher court for further review.
Technology licensing (3)
3. A technology licensing agreement usually enables a firm to enter a foreign market quickly, and ......... fewer financial and legal risks than owning and operating a foreign manufacturing facility or participating in an overseas joint venture.
Lesson 543 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (3)
3) n. state of having committed a crime or offense; culpability; feeling of having done something wrong
Real Life: Using Body Parts as Verbs (26)
6.Please ......... me that piece of paper over there. I need to get a phone number off of it.
What the Devil (10)
10.It took me ages to set up my computer because I spent the devil of a ......... trying to understand the notes.
Test 016 (5)
5.He grabbed me ___ the arm.
English Slang Idioms (1859)
9."So, your boyfriend bought you a brand-new car? You do live a charmed......... , don't you?" Sally said to her best friend.
Up in the Clouds (1)
1.Have you noticed how much more the price of petrol is today? It's really sky......... now.
Business buzzwords: Platinum blonde (5)
5. A European-type payer ......... gives the owner the right to enter a swap at a predetermined fixed rate, where s/he pays the fixed leg of the contract and receives the floating leg, i.e. the Libor rate, at the expiration (maturity) of the option.
Test 013 (6)
6.Have you ever succeeded ___ winning money from gambling?
Test 006 (9)
9.I believe it is......... to hold a door open for a lady.
Start vs. Begin (2)
2.My car very rarely ......... first time when the weather is really cold.
Business Systems Contingency Policy (1)
1. All departments should develop and maintain procedures that will ensure an appropriate level of customer service in the ......... of unexpected business systems failure.
Confusing Words test (88)
8.The successful advertising company is not really worried about ......... this fiscal year because they are doing so well.
Lesson 245 – Toeic Test Vocabulary (10)
10) v. to arrange in a line; to arrange in a row; to grade; to classify; to assign a rank
English Slang Idioms (446)
6.Quitting smoking is very hard. I quit a year ago, cold ......... : no patch, no gum, nothing — and it was horrible.
Evolution of the Stock Exchange (7)
7. In order to define what a Stock Exchange is today, you have to understand the unstoppable progress, or ........., of technology.
Odd-lot Orders (1)
1. Where a person gives, either for his own account or for various accounts in which he has an actual monetary interest, buy or sell odd-lot orders which aggregate 100 shares or more, such orders shall, as far as possible, be consolidated into .........-lot units.
Cơ quan chủ quản : CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN TRUYỀN THÔNG TNV VIỆT NAM
Địa chỉ : Số 26 ngõ 102 - Khuất Duy Tiến - Thanh Xuân - Hà Nội - Văn phòng đại diện : Số 9 - Đào Duy Anh - Đống Đa - Hà Nội
Tại Tp HCM : 79/3 Trần Xuân Soạn, P.Tân Thuận Tây, Quận 7, Tp.Hồ Chí Minh - Hotline : 0946 581 152 - Email : email@example.com